CC E helps in reducing stress of students by -
- Identifying learning progress of students at regular time intervals on small portions of content.
- Employing a variety of remedial measures of teaching based on learning needs and potential of different students.
- Desisting from using negative comments on the learner’s performance.
- Encouraging learning through employment of a variety of teaching aids and techniques.
- Involving learners actively in the learning process.
- Recognizing and encouraging specific abilities of students, who do not excel in academics but perform well in other co-curricular areas.
CC E helps in improving student’s performance by identifying his/her learning difficulties at regular time intervals right from the beginning of the academic session and employing suitable remedial measures for enhancing their learning performance.
Holistic education demands development of all aspects of individual’s personality including cognitive, affective and psycho motor domains. It is unfortunate that not much attention and emphasis is given to the development of interests, hobbies and passion of learners. Focusing on excellence in academics alone undoubtedly results in lop-sided development of personality. It is thus essential that due importance be given to participation in co-cumeular activities like music, dance, art, dramatics and other areas of one’s interest to make life more fulfilling and enjoyable.
Scheme of CCE is expected to help the child make informed choice of subjects in class XI based on his aptitude, interests, liking, and academic performance. With CCE aiming at all round development of the child’s personality it is expected that a student will be able to take up competitive examinations in right earnest. It may be clearly understood that introduction of CCE does not mean less emphasis on academic attainment. Students will still be required to do well in studies. However due to acquisition of additional life skills, like thinking and emotional skills, they are expected to meet different life situations with greater maturity.