- Online safety
- Information Skills
- Library, Books and Reading
- Sports,Games & Entertainment
- General matters
- Teaching and Learning
- SAVE ENERGY ENERGIZE FUTURE -- CLASS 5 PROJECT GUIDED BY JALAJAKUMARI
- Air Pollution
- HOW MUCH I MISS HARRY POTTER
- LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
- Sachin Tendulkar -Records
- Shoaib Akhtars autobiography
- HARRY POTTER CORNER!!
- Harry Potter-the fantasy series.
- 7 IS MAGICAL ♥
- Imagine if there was no-HARRY POTTER!
- Shah Jahan : Taj Mahal
- Speech Topics for Children
- LIFE WITHOUT CHEMISTRY?NO WAY!
- FuN FaCtS
- Stephen Hawking
- A DAY WITHOUT INTERNET IN TODAYS WORLD
- Gitanjali,Rabindranadha Tagor
- WORLD CUP 2011
- Test how potty you are about Potter..
- Ultimate harry potter fever!!
- ●๋•๑۩۞۩ Discipline ๑۩۞۩•●๋
- PROJECT CAVE TO MARS
- OUR VISIT TO VSSC
- VIRAT KOHLI!!
- WHAT IS MIND MAPING?
- WHAT IS WEB 2.0 TECHNOLOGY?
- JOIN THE ONLINE WIKI PROJECT
- Tendulkar wont stop - Kirsten
- ViRaT kOhLi
- Rabindranath Tagore
- knowlege is power
- World Environment Day
- BEAUTIFUL INDIAN CLASSICAL DANCE
- GOOGLE ROCKZ
- The Host (novel)
- COCKROACH FEAR
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
- biography of apj abdul kalam
- What are the most important laws of physics to remember?
- Mosquito Transmitted Viral Diseases
- Association football
- History revisited: India wins ICC World Cup 2011
- Presidencies and provinces of British India
- Indian national cricket team
- BOOKWORM CORNER
- PRIME MINISTERS OF INDIA
- Chief Ministers of Kerala
- Terrorism in India
- Is sky limit for Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar?
- ♥♥♥♥ωιℓℓιαм ѕнαкєѕρєαяє♥♥♥♥
- ۩۞۩ ۩۞۩ मलयालम भाषा ۩۞۩ ۩۞۩
- INFORMATION SKILLS
- Internet Search techniques
5 years ago
6 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
SAVE ENERGY ENERGIZE FUTURE -- CLASS 5 PROJECT GUIDED BY JALAJAKUMARI
Name of the Project: Save Energy, Energize Future
Subject: English, Environmental Studies & Hindi
Problem: Long Hours of Power cut in the hottest summer
Why is it important for us to conserve energy?
For the last four-five years we
often face power cuts in Kerala especially in the months of January to May when
it is very hot here. During power cuts students feel difficulty in sitting in the classroom and attending their
classes. If we save power to some extent we can minimize the power cut.
Awareness regarding saving power is very low amongst students and even in some adults.
Most of the students do not turn off electrical appliances when they leave the
room. It is therefore essential to make students and the society aware of the
efficient use of energy and its conservation.
Saving energy is often thought of as a job of the adults, but getting children involved is a great way to show them that their actions have a big impact on their world, and proves to them that small steps can lead to big changes. Students don't need to undertake major projects to save electricity at home; making simple changes to their usual habits is enough to benefit both their own family and the world they live.
This project is designed to provide the students with an understanding of-
1. The importance of energy conservation.
2. Increasing demand for energy and limitation of resources.
3. The enormous amount of capital, resources and manpower required to generate electricity.
4. Safeguards to prevent wastage of power in everyday life.
1. To learn that everyday appliances use electricity; these include things that light up, heat up, produce sounds and move.
2. To discuss the importance of saving electricity.
3. To investigate and find alternative sources of energy.
4. To enhance their learning and sensitize them on key energy issues that will affect their life.To build awareness and a sense of responsibility among students about energy conservation
Some Small Tips for Students to Practice
1. Turn off computers, TVs, DVD players, video games, stereos and other electronic equipment as soon as they finish using them, even if they want to use it after sometime.
2. Turn off lights when no one is in the room or leaving the room.
3. Check all the rooms in the house every evening to turn off lights that other family members may have left on.
4. Save hot water and electricity by taking shorter showers
5. Turning off the tap while brushing teeth.
6. Turn off outside lights before sleeping.
In the first stage the students will conduct a survey among their relatives and friends using the questionnaire they prepare in the class after the discussion. Then students will be instructed,
1. to interpret the electricity bills.
2. about energy conservation through the usage of energy-efficient domestic appliances
3. to monitor and reduce energy bills in their homes by adopting the energy conservation methods suggested.
In the second stage the Project will focus on sharing the understanding acquired through initial stage with others in the community. This process will involve the following:
1.Each student will share information on energy conservation with at least 2 others and their families
2.Students undertaking this awareness drive will help the target families to bring down their electricity bills.
3.Electricity bills will be monitored over 3-6 months to assess effectiveness.
4.Every student will attempt to recognize, and curtail wasteful usage of energy in the school too.
In the third stage the best students with demonstrated commitment to energy conservation will be identified to form a group to carry out the sensitization process in the other classes and the secondary section. Students are keen observers and better learners. They have the ability to sensitize their parents, peers and communities through whom we can conserve electricity for a better tomorrow.
1. Monthly meetings,
to assess and review the progress of the energy champions of the class
to allow students to interact and share experiences in this initiative
to plan periodic events such as paper presentation, slogan competitions, poster writing, art &craft and other creative pursuits in the conservation of electricity
2. Awareness campaign among primary students during morning assembly.
3. Giving printed material to save electricity
4. Writing and sharing through blog (library junction & v http://creativestudents.org/
5 Arranging Guest speakers.