- Online safety
- Information Skills
- Library, Books and Reading
- Sports,Games & Entertainment
- General matters
- Teaching and Learning
- SAVE ENERGY ENERGIZE FUTURE -- CLASS 5 PROJECT GUIDED BY JALAJAKUMARI
- Air Pollution
- HOW MUCH I MISS HARRY POTTER
- LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
- Sachin Tendulkar -Records
- Shoaib Akhtars autobiography
- HARRY POTTER CORNER!!
- Harry Potter-the fantasy series.
- 7 IS MAGICAL ♥
- Imagine if there was no-HARRY POTTER!
- Shah Jahan : Taj Mahal
- Speech Topics for Children
- LIFE WITHOUT CHEMISTRY?NO WAY!
- FuN FaCtS
- Stephen Hawking
- A DAY WITHOUT INTERNET IN TODAYS WORLD
- Gitanjali,Rabindranadha Tagor
- WORLD CUP 2011
- Test how potty you are about Potter..
- Ultimate harry potter fever!!
- ●๋•๑۩۞۩ Discipline ๑۩۞۩•●๋
- PROJECT CAVE TO MARS
- OUR VISIT TO VSSC
- VIRAT KOHLI!!
- WHAT IS MIND MAPING?
- WHAT IS WEB 2.0 TECHNOLOGY?
- JOIN THE ONLINE WIKI PROJECT
- Tendulkar wont stop - Kirsten
- ViRaT kOhLi
- Rabindranath Tagore
- knowlege is power
- World Environment Day
- BEAUTIFUL INDIAN CLASSICAL DANCE
- GOOGLE ROCKZ
- The Host (novel)
- COCKROACH FEAR
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION
- biography of apj abdul kalam
- What are the most important laws of physics to remember?
- Mosquito Transmitted Viral Diseases
- Association football
- History revisited: India wins ICC World Cup 2011
- Presidencies and provinces of British India
- Indian national cricket team
- BOOKWORM CORNER
- PRIME MINISTERS OF INDIA
- Chief Ministers of Kerala
- Terrorism in India
- Is sky limit for Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar?
- ♥♥♥♥ωιℓℓιαм ѕнαкєѕρєαяє♥♥♥♥
- ۩۞۩ ۩۞۩ मलयालम भाषा ۩۞۩ ۩۞۩
- INFORMATION SKILLS
- Internet Search techniques
WHAT IS A BOOK? Dr.C.V.RAMAN E-books Chief ministers of Kerala Tsunami Festivals Kerala History end of earth VIEWS ON CCE EXAMINATIONS e-books PRIME MINISTERS OF INDIA- AAJMA MANOJ india . vinoba bhave future of earth mahathma gandhi importance-of-human-resource-development social reformers of india vivekananda chemical fertilizers
5 years ago
5 years ago
6 years ago
7 years ago
7 years ago
Speech Topics for Children
Providing suitable speech topics for children can be a challenge. We want stimulating, interesting subjects for them to work with but we also need them to be aligned with their age group.
If we make them too adult we risk pushing them into areas they're too young to cope with. If we make them too simplistic we run the risk of minimizing or patronizing their growing sense of awareness. As in everything, we need to find the balance.
The suggestions below worked for me with middle-school children aged between 11 years to approximately 14 years. Some are more suitable for the imaginative child and others for the practical, factual child. How you select them will also depend on the objective or goal for the speech.
Speech Topics for Children - Community & Social Issues
- Should more 'green' space (parks) be set aside for community use?
- Should recycling be compulsory and why?
- Should large cars be banned?
- What rights should a child have and why?
- Smacking a child should be illegal
- Does watching violent TV programs make a child think violence is acceptable?
- Does advertising influence our food choices?
- Do certain types of pop music teach the wrong values?
- Should students have the right to choose what school they go to?
- Should students have a greater say in what classes/subjects they study?
- The school leaving age should be abolished.
- We care too much about the way we look rather than who we really are.
- Clothes and being fashionable are way too important.
- Uniforms are better
- Parents should monitor how we use the internet.
- Chat rooms are dangerous
- I Pods are anti-social
- Good manners are important
Speech Topics for Children - Arts & Culture
- Tagging is art.
- Explain a cultural festival or practice of significance to you that others may not know about or appreciate.
- Why are film stars so popular?
- Who is your screen hero and why?
- Who is your favorite book/cartoon character and why?
- What inspires you about dance/art/drama/music or film?
- If you were to write a book for your age group to read what would it be about?
- My favorite festival is...
- I learn the piano, violin, trumpet, drums(insert whatever instrument)...because...
- The type of art I like to look at is...
- Strange facts about artists, dancers, musicians etc.
- If I was a famous screen star I would...
Speech Topics for Children - Fun & Whimsy
- A day in my life as a ...(table, pencil, car, potatoe, bicycle, blackboard, window, ball, anything at all!)
- If I ruled the world...
- If I was a parent the ground rules I would make are...
- If I had three wishes they would be...
- If I re-wrote the story of 'The Three Little Pigs', 'Cinderella' etc. it would go like this...
- I am a fashion guru and I have decided the new trend will be...
- What I think of people from the viewpoint of a tree in the school grounds.
- My secret life as a hero.
- My greatest invention.
- Weird and wonderful words - what do they mean?
- How to write using invisible ink.
- My secret code...How to invent and use a coded language.
Speech Topics for Children - Sports & Games
- Explain the game of checkers/drafts/chess.
- My favorite sporting hero is....
- The best summer sport is...
- Extreme sports are dangerously exciting.
- In winter I love to ski, ice skate...
- Everybody should learn to play a team sport.
- Sport should not be compulsory.
- The best indoor games are ...
- The best on-line games are...
- In sport, the rules are there to protect the players.
- What I learnt through learning to play...
- Winning is not so important as participating.
- Strange sports or games.
Speech Topics for Children - Food
- The best meal in the world is...
- The foods I do not like are...
- My favorite recipe is...
- How I learnt to cook.
- Healthy food I really like
- Food to make you fit not fat
- Birthday party food
- My favorite Christmas (celebration) food.
- Meal times in our house
- Table manners ...Are they important?
- Do Americans eat too much?
- Fashions in food
- Should children diet?
Speech Topics for Children - Seasons & Nature
- Why do we have seasons?
- How and why does a tree change the color of its leaves?
- How does a tree grow?
- Why do we have day and night time?
- How come the earth goes round and round?
- What are stars?
- How does gravity work?
- Why are there tides?
- Explain how snow is formed.
- How is a diamond made?
- What is global warming?
- Show the patterns formed in frost.
- How does a rainbow work?
- Research strange plants - carniverous etc.
- What and where are the biggest trees in the world?
- How and why should we conserve nature?
Speech Topics for Children - Animals/Birds/Fish
- Why is a dog often called 'Man's best friend'?
- Are there bad dogs or bad dog owners?
- What is horse sense?
- How has the horse been used by man throughout history?
- What animal makes a great pet and why?
- How to look after a pet properly
- Do animals really think or do we only think they do?
- Is hunting animals fair?
- Is eating meat fair?
- What rights should animals have?
- Tell an inspiring true story about an animal.
- Are zoos good places and why?
- Find out about conserving animals/birds/fish in your local area.
- Retell a myth or legend about an animal/fish/bird.
- Research strange or rare animals/birds or fish.
- Interview a pet shop owner to find out what are the most popular pets.
- What do you think about restrictions around fishing?
- What is the symbollism associated with some animals/birds or fish? For example a lion stands for courage or strength.
Speech Topics for Children - Hobbies/Interests
- My doll/car/card etc collection
- How to make a model car, truck, plane
- How to sew your own clothes
- How to scrapbook
- How to learn another language
- How to ride a horse, skateboard,etc
- My perfect holiday
- The best rainy day activities are...
- How to tell a joke