Face a Book (FaB) Challenge is a summer reading programme by the Library of KV Pattom to promote reading habit during the summer holidays (May-June), followed by continuous and year long activities to evaluate its effectiveness.
Objectives: The basic objectives of the project are,
- to help the students to enjoy reading more and motivate them to read for pleasure
- to develop critical reading skills like comprehension, speed, note taking and referencing
- to encourage critical thinking, innovation and creativity
- to make the students lifelong readers and learners
- Fifty (50) students, who study in Class VI to XII will be selected for the project as FaB Challengers. They will register on the project website.
- Fifty Books will be selected from the Library based on their content and the age of the reader.
- Each FaB Challenger will be given with a Book.
- Each reader has to prepare a scrap book titled as “My Little Book on_______”, with a review on the selected book, author profile, bibliography, character sketches, new words/phrases, drawings, paintings, quotations, images, comments, references, etc.
- The readers will be provided access to the project blog, where they can post content like reviews, critical analysis, notes, studies and recommendations.
- A one minute video of the FaB Challenger will be shot in which he/she has to present a review of the book. The videos will be uploaded in to the project website.
- The FaB Challenger(s) have to present an item on the book(s) in the School Assembly.
- A FaB Challenger will act as an authority of the particular book and the author.
- All FaB Challengers will be honoured with ‘Fab Challenger’ badges and participation certificates.
- All FaB Challengers will be evaluated throughout the Project period and graded accordingly. Based on the performance they will be awarded at the end of the project.
All activities under the project will be evaluated by a group of teachers at specific
FaB Challenge website: http://www.faceabook.info
Library Blog: http://librarykvpattom.wordpress.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FaBReadingChallenge